Crrrrreeeeepy Crawly! :D

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, he was such a friendly guy, sitting in the middle of the country road (along which I came whizzing past him on rollerblades, but I screetched to a halt, turned back, put myself flat on my tummy, and took this photo, with the wrist protectors still on ... well, this and many others, but I want to show you this one).

Grashpfer03_framed.jpg

Nice new friend you have there!
And he is GREEN as well, what a lucky find

Guess why I had to screetch to a halt, return, flop onto my belly and take his pics ;) ;) ;) !?!?!?
(And do you realise something? I go rollerblading with my camera on me! I must be mad! Just the camera. Not in a bag or so, I'd never have the time nor stability to scramble it out all the time and back in).

Now i am really worried for you. Great picture, and so impromptu, the guy? has character and you took him just right, i think it is a katydid not a cricket? But it looks like you are totally hooked on insects now, your family will be wondering why you are hiding under the sofa with your feet out when they are watching tv, why you rin up to the wasps in autmn trying to eat your picnic instead of running away, and why when they get bit by that mosquito you get all upset when they swat it out of their arm instead of watching it feed untill you have the right lense on :).

tim

Lafoto this is great.. Im not this good at bugs, but maybe some day hehe... I think I need to find me some new macros still... What lens did you use for him?

or her?

This is a great photo! You really rollerblade with your camera in tow? You are a very brave person........

Yes, I really rollerblade with my camera in tow, but then I only do "tours", I am no longer young enough to go to a park and do all sorts of artistic flips and turns and such on rollerblades. Usually I would bring the little Powershot in a pocket, but that one is "on holidays in Norway" (my son took it for his class-trip), so I had to sling the 350D round me, with (here comes the answer for Holly then) the 70-300mm lens mounted, which has a macro function when it is extended to between 200 and 300mm. It is that lens in that very macro function that I used for this one here - and, for this particular shot, with the aperture wide, wide open (hence the very shallow DOF).

(And I know it is a bit risky, but unless my water bottle falls out of my pocket and right in front of my right foot, stopping that one instantly while the rest of me keeps moving fast, and naturally in a fierce SPIN then, and unless I then try to instinctively grab onto a street sign to steady myself, I never fall ... the results of that spin from 10 weeks ago, however, are still to be seen and will take me to yet another set of doctors tomorrow :roll: ).

Like the shot of the grasshopper (or whatever it is). Good for you for taking the camera with you!

You can tell what he's thinking. "I wish I had my camera, they'll never believe me at home . . ."

That is what you think he is thinking? He would have loved to bring a photo home of an elderly lady lying in front of him on her stomach, feet in rollerblades, hands in wrist protectors, aiming her far extended zoom lens at him?

You may be right :D.

He got quite curious in the course of time and came walking (only once hopping) towards me and more and more towards me, as if he wanted to check me out :D.

Haha, nice picture, and story to go with it!
If I wasn't so clumsy, I'd try my patience with bugs too.

great shot laFoto! i miss rollerblading... i don't think i was ever confident enough to through my camera around my neck while rollerblading, but now I realize how many photo ops i prolly missed out on... :thumbup:

Corinna! it is crazy! I am not sure if I'd take my 'husband' with me rollerblading! well ... ok yesterday we were climbing the ledder ... but NOT on rollerblades! br careful!!!

oh...and a wonderful photo!

Most reactions

Back