Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my mother is extremely religious.

this one is by far my favorite one of the hundreds she collects.c&c
cruz.jpg

I like this, but I think there are a few things that ruin it for me.

The object in the top left corner is very distracting, as is the thing on the left 'arm' of the cross, I assume this is what attaches it to the wall? I quite like what I assume are pearls, but they don't really have any point that fixes them within the photo, I think I'd likde to see the top of the crucifix where I assume they hang over the top.

Other than the above points I love this, the contrast is good, as is the detail on the body. The texture of the wall is brilliant and you've captured it magnificently with the lighting, well done!

Tim

I like this, but I think there are a few things that ruin it for me.

The object in the top left corner is very distracting, as is the thing on the left 'arm' of the cross, I assume this is what attaches it to the wall? I quite like what I assume are pearls, but they don't really have any point that fixes them within the photo, I think I'd likde to see the top of the crucifix where I assume they hang over the top.

Other than the above points I love this, the contrast is good, as is the detail on the body. The texture of the wall is brilliant and you've captured it magnificently with the lighting, well done!

Tim

thank you!! well the pearls are actually a rosary that my mother has wrapped around the crucifix, and the palm is what is in the left corner. I went to go move everything to organize the shot more but my mother almost crucified me for almsot touching it lol. So i figured I'd capture what I felt would be decent enough. But thank you so much :) !!!!

I like it Fi. I agree that the little thingy in the top left distracts the eye and maybe you can clone it out in photoshop. But I really dig your comp on this and that you left the pearls in the image. Nicely done. :D

I agree with TimmyJP on all counts. Very good lighting, and you managed to get a great exposure of a fairly difficult subject to shoot (because of the reflections). The detail on the body is excellent too. I also dig how you post-processed the colour. I don't necessarily like the composition though, but I do appreciate that you were creative in your approach.

Probably one of your photos that I've liked the most. Keep shooting!

thanks for the feedbackk !! :)

yeah. I'm gonna have to start checking out the beginners area.. everything i know i taught my self or was taught by fellow TPF members :)

thanks all :D

I should have worked out it was a rosary, what with the theme!

Fair enough if you weren't allowed to move anything...maybe try cloning some bits out in photoshop?

Tim

Yea, I pretty much agree with what everyone else said... And yea.. if you can't move anything you just gotta work with what you're given.. Which is what you did.

yeah pretty much. My mom went to church today and i moved some stuff around but i wasnt happy with the results. :(

anndd im a "taught herself" photoshop user so im not that great with the whole cloning thing i guess i dont know how to use it correctly

Most reactions

New Topics

Back