CS2 Raw Plug-in? Help...

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for some help if possible. I usually shoot in jpeg but am trying to learn more about raw; adjusting WB, sharpness etc after taking the shot.

At first I just thought they opened fine in CS2... then when a practice raw I took didn't I did some reading in the help section and on adobes webpage. I get the "could not complete your request because it is the wrong type of document" error. My camera saves the raw images in .cr2.

From Adobe I then downloaded the most recent version/update of the Camera Raw plug-in, think its 3.4 at the minute... and when I try to open this download its an unrecognised file type and doesn't know which program to open with etc. The file name unzipped is "Camera Raw.8bi" ... unless I'm downloading the wrong file, but its the only raw download I see on their site, argh. :(

...erm, bit baffled?

Probably being thick but I'm getting sick of trying! Any suggestions purlease? :biggrin:

Hmm..... should work if its the right plug-in..... check all the compatabilty data on the site..... you just got a new cam right? (30D?) check that its the latest plugin.
If it is.....*trying to remember when i did mine* i think you've got to drop the little plugin icon into the plugins folder in the cs2 folders..... but i'd just double check the intallation notes.

btw, you can open the raw file just by right clicking - then 'open with' - pscs2..... you wont get many raw editing options at all but it gets it into ps.

Archangel said:
I think you've got to drop the little plugin icon into the plugins folder in the cs2 folders.....

:hugs::hug:::hugs::hug::

Thanks me dears!

Most reactions

Back