CS5 Discount

CS5 is much better, really there is no comparison. I still have CS4 but could not think of having to use one of the lighter programs again like Elements. Plus there not to hard to learn, there are many tutorials you can get I also grabbed [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Be-Photoshop-Guru-Unlocking-Photoshops/dp/B001T5EM6I/ref=cm_cr-mr-title"]Amazon.com: Be a Photoshop Guru - Unlocking the Hidden Genius Behind Photoshop's Tools: Jim Zuckerman, Gregory McKean:…[/ame]
it made things so much easier I would recomend it. You will be doing very well in no time

I didn't know there was no upgrade path for students, Schwetty (with props to SNL :D).
Thanks for the constructive advice Idaho.
I'm gonna order it this morning.

Well you can upgrade the student version, but the upgrade path costs the same as a complete disk from the student version. I had student CS4 and then bought student CS5.

Hey is that an offer specific to you? or can anyone take advantage of that deal? I have ps8 right now, and would LOVE to upgrade to cs5 for $300. Can you let me know the details? I would REALLY appreciate it!

Hey is that an offer specific to you? or can anyone take advantage of that deal? I have ps8 right now, and would LOVE to upgrade to cs5 for $300. Can you let me know the details? I would REALLY appreciate it!

Well, it was an email from Adobe.
Are you registered?
The email said I may need my pse8 license but I was never asked when I ordered.
I tried the link thatwas on the mail and it said the promo code had been used.
Try the adobe store online.

I ordered it Wed.and it arrived today.
I had the trial installed but I wanted a disk.

I didn't know there was no upgrade path for students, Schwetty (with props to SNL :D).
Thanks for the constructive advice Idaho.
I'm gonna order it this morning.
Uh, there are 2 upgrade paths from a Student Edition.

If you qualify to purchase a Student Edition of CS5 Extended (the only version of Photoshop CS available to students) and are still a student when CS6 is released you can purchase the Student Version of CS6 using your student discount, as long as it's been at over 12 months since you got CS5. The same would apply to CS7 when it releases if Adobe retains current policies.

If you are no longer a student when CS6, CS7, or CS8 release, current Adobe policy allows you to purchase the upgrade for the current upgrade price for CS6, 7, or 8, at the time they are released (today, $199 for CS5 and $349 for the Extended version.)

And good for you for playing by the rules on Student Editions as far as eligibility.

Adobe software would not cost as much if less of it was stolen, or otherwise pirated.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm confused.

It seems that I hear/see on here and other photo sites people are always complaining about copyright and "someone used/posted my photo without permission/compensation".

Do you think that owners of other intellectual/creative/physical property don't deserve to be fully compensated?

I'm not talking about the perceived "fairness" of the price.
You are not required to purchase it.

I wont be, thats with two students in my household, I've contributed my fair share to adobe upgrades/versions since PS4 and find little changed up to CS1, I've no intention of filling adobes coffers any further. H

I wont be, thats with two students in my household, I've contributed my fair share to adobe upgrades/versions since PS4 and find little changed up to CS1, I've no intention of filling adobes coffers any further. H

I have one student in my house.
She has a P&S and doesn't pp.

I could have used her to buy it, but with only $100 difference with this offer, I chose to purchase my copy personally.

I understand the choice you made and so far adobe has about $700 of my money for PSE, LR3 and CS5.

Last edited:
Oh yea,
FYI, Adobe's distribution hub for Florida is in Georgia and apparently FL and GA (or FL and adobe)have an agreement 'cause I paid $24 in sales tax for an internet purchase.

It's not consistent though as I am pretty sure I have ordered stuff from Amazon that has come from GA.

I could have used her to buy it, but with only $100 difference with this offer, I chose to purchase my copy personally.
I don't believe Adobe would mind one bit if you used your daughter's student status to get student pricing.

After all, they even extend student pricing to primary school students:

To qualify, students must:
  • Attend an accredited primary or secondary school, university, or college
  • Be enrolled full- or part-time and have a valid student ID

I don't believe Adobe would mind one bit if you used your daughter's student status to get student pricing.

Too late now.:lmao:
Is the upgrade (CS6?) path/price for retail versions the same as for students?
Not that I'll need to upgrade anytime soon.

Too late now.:lmao:
Is the upgrade (CS6?) path/price for retail versions the same as for students?
Not that I'll need to upgrade anytime soon.
It will be about 14 more months before we see CS6.

It remains to be seen if Adobe maintains current pricing and upgrade policies, but I'd be surprised if they were to change for the worse.

They have been loosening their policies over the last year, because of the economy.

gotta loves newsgroups :D:D:D:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back