ctrl key not working

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i recently had to blow out my hard drive to rid virus. reloaded everything, and all works well now except for the ctrl key in photoshop.
windows xp home
ps cs

the ctrl key does work in other apps, such as word, etc. will not work in ps, e.g. to deselect you'd usually hit ctrl-d. when i do that, nothing happens. i tried the key in file browser, and ctrl-a does nothing (supposed to select all)
any ideas?

hi tobes,

couple of questions - what version of pshop are you using and is it a legal copy? Heard folks sometime have trouble with unregistered copies.

That really is an odd one...is it the same for both ctrl keys?

Don't think I've ever heard of this happening in just a single program before, but Vonn may be onto something.

hello gents,
damn, how exactly does one get the emoticons into the text of the message? i see no place from which to choose them, except for the list right below this box, which seems determined to put my choice up by the title, rather than where the cursor happens to be at that particular moment.

very frustrating.

anyway, i reloaded the whole thing, which seems mysteriously to have solved the problem. i did load a buncha drivers today, but none of them had anything to do with the keyboard, or so i had thought. perhaps one of them made the difference.

thanks for the thoughts (if i knew how to insert one of the damn smilies, i'd do it here- same one i accidentally put by the title.)
peace(insert laughing dude),
-t

hey tobes,
go to your user cp -> edit options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Standard editor (bottom of page). should be able to get your smilies that way!!!

glad you got your photoshop to work :)

Most reactions

Back