Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What an awesome game!!! Crappy weather, drunk guy nearly knocked me down the bleachers (4 times), and a guy hopped over the fence and ran across the outfield. It KICKED ASS!!!

Ah baseball. The ultimate sign that summer is here.

I went to the opening day of the Indians last year when it got snowed out and someone ran out on the field and did a snow angel during one of the delays. Best unruly fan move I've ever seen.

Ok, here's my recap of my entire weekend that I'm going to copy and paste from my other forum.

They know the people in my life a little better than some of you might, so just so it makes a little more sense:

Natalie = one of my best friends

Chris = friend/guy I was dating recently

Also, I went to this game with Natalie, her husband Josh, our friends Keith and Jenn, and Chris.

Ok...I'll tell the full story of my weekend, which, obviously, will mostly be about the game. :p

I worked on Saturday until 6:30, and because we were originally planning on leaving for the game at 7:30 in the morning yesterday (so the boysss could see batting practice), I stayed the night at Natalie's house. Even Saturday night we were worried there would be no game because it was a 90% chance of rain on Sunday, and it was already pouring Saturday night. It downpoured all through the night and still was when we woke up.

We came *this* close (*holds fingers really close together*) to not even making the trip up there because we thought for sure it would be cancelled.

Batting practice DID end up being cancelled (they held it under the bleachers, so we wouldn't be able to see anyway), so we didn't leave until a couple hours later than we planned. So Nat and I went to Ihop instead. :p

Despite the weather, we decided to go anyway...if they cancelled it, we'd get a ticket to another game, and if they didn't, we wouldn't be out our money. Chris lives up close to Chicago, so we had to pick him up, then off to Chicago we went. That's also where Chris noticed I didn't have anything more than my hoodie, so he gave me his leather jacket to wear. I looked kinda stupid, but I felt badass. :p And I was warm all day. That was a THICK leather jacket!

Starting at Chris's house onward, the rain seemed to slowly dissipate...it was still misting when we got to the parking garage downtown and hopped on the El train...but by the time we got to Wrigley, it had stopped. The game started about 1/2 an hour or so late, which wasn't too shabby considering how crappy the weather had been all day!

No rain, but still cold and windy....I didn't care!

We had bleacher seats...first time I've ever sat in the bleachers, and let me tell you...it was SO MUCH FUN!!!

All of the people around us were a lot of fun to talk to, as well. Even the guy behind me who was so drunk he kept falling on me and almost knocked me down the bleachers several times. After the fourth time, where he did, indeed, hurt my back, Chris made me switch him seats. He STILL managed to fall on me after that, and Chris had to catch me! This guy was DRUNK!

The non-game related highlight of the game? There were 4 guys about 20 seats down from us who were also REALLY drunk...they had thier shirts off and had the letters CUBS on their stomachs, and MOM on thier backs.

About...oh, maybe 6th inning or so...one of them put his shirt back on, HOPPED the fence (it's HIGH!!!) and charged the field!!!! Security tackled him and took him off of the field in handcuffs!!!

There's one video on youtube so far, though it's not all that great:

I will have pictures posted a little later on, not that they much better. :p

As you may have guessed by now, the Cubs won, and it was a kickass game!

I ended up windburnt on my face and today I have a sore throat, but it was SO WORTH IT!

A few pictures to start off...I only have the pictures I took with my iPhone so far...I'll have the very few from my camera in a bit, though there is nothing spectacular...there are pics of the guy getting tackled...my 50mm was on the cam at the time though.

Jenn and Keith (Keith is legally blind and having a cornea transplant tommorrow, btw...please think good thoughts for him! )

Cubs01sm.jpg

Chris, hollering something...at...someone

Cubs02sm.jpg

Nat and Josh

Cubs03sm.jpg

Cubs04sm.jpg

Slightly better pic of Chris

Cubs05sm.jpg

Better pic of Keith and Jenn

Cubs06sm.jpg

Me!

Cubs07sm.jpg

And me lookin' badass in Chris's 'rebel' jacket (I forgot my jacket at home, so he let me use one of his)

Cubs08sm.jpg

Josh on the El platform after the game

Cubs09SM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest of the pics...mostly pics of THE TACKLE!!!!

The view:
Cubs010sm.jpg

Keith and Jenn again
Cubs011sm.jpg

I wish I would have gotten this pic just two seconds earlier..his eyes were closed and he'd been sleeping...it was so cute!
Cubs012sm.jpg

And, the tackle, shot with my 50mm, unfortunately...
(he's the guy in white)
Cubs013sm.jpg

Cubs014sm.jpg

Cubs015sm.jpg

Cubs016sm.jpg

Cubs017sm.jpg

Cubs018sm.jpg

The drive home with Nat and Josh:
Cubs019sm.jpg

Cubs020sm.jpg

Nice sweep of the D*backs! Congrats. It sort of reminds me of the last season playoffs first round. ;)

Oh, and one of my favorite parts? The entire crowd singing this song after we won:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you see Mark Grace sing? Or did you have the 'fortune' to hear Tony Romo?

Did you see Mark Grace sing? Or did you have the 'fortune' to hear Tony Romo?

Tony Romo got BOOOOOOOOOOOOO'D!!!!! He did the 7th inning stretch.

It was great. I think the only person in the entire staium that was cheering for him was my friend Natalie....who happens to be a huge Jessica Simpson fan. (I know, I know...don't say it...)

:p It was pretty funny stuff.

That sounds like a ton of fun! My fiance's family is from Chicago and I have been to Wrigley for a few games, my first being when the Cubs played the Red Sox in regular season for the first time in like 80 years. Then I went again and sat in the bleachers on Memorial Day weekend and it was the best, definitely love going to Wrigley and the Cubbies!

It was great! Besides being windburnt, I ended up with a really sore throat today from a combination of the weather and shouting so much. Chris was already to the point of barely being able to talk on the way home from the game!

Next baseball game? Peoria Chiefs (Cubs minor league team) next month!

Oh, I was hoping this post had something to do with baby bears. :)

Yeah, I don't get into football. ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back