his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
bears_sm.jpg

I just put together the mobile for my son's bed. :heart:It is so cool! :heart: When I saw how the night light casted a shadow of these bears on the wall... I just had to take a picture.
Did I do alright in capturing the shadows? What can I do better? (The same condtions will always be there... so I can try again... if I get some good pointers :D.) Thanks ahead of time for looking and for your coments and suggestions.

I don't really have any pointers, just an opinion.
That's almost spooky looking.:evil:

What light source is creating the shadow?
Angled differently it might create a more defined shadow.

I like it just the way it is.:D

Oh no not Evil! It supposed to be cute and cuddly... bummer... well to answer your question about the light source... it is from the unit that the bears are on. It's a little night light. And (but i am not using them in this shot) there are also some little blinking LED's that also produce a cool effect. Is there any way I can make this picture more friendly for a greeting card for an expecting mom (you know how emtional women are when they are prego, I would hate to freak them out with this picture). Thanks

EDIT: I got the word Evil from my husband this morning when he looked at the picture. I was so bummed.

Well, I am in this thread a second time over and the first time I saw the pic I also thought it was maybe more designed for the Darkside Gallery ... but did not dare to tell you this since I felt you were going for a totally different effect.

However ...

... it seems like you have not reached where you wanted to go but made a photo instead that conveys all sorts of DIFFERENT emotions!

Spooky, creepy ... those are the words that spring to mind. Sorry. :(

This evoked totally different emotions for me as well. I completely see what you mean about the shadows, but seeing the bears, all shadowy in black and white gave me more of a feeling of loss from the photo. I think if you're looking for "happy" thoughts perhaps get a photo of a baby sleeping in the crib to give it more context.

Despite the spooky effect (or rather because of it), I think it's a neat shot. Not what you intended, perhaps, but still neat.

Keep in mind it may also be one of those on the wire shots... I have one of church statues. I always thought it was creepy, but some describe it as peaceful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back