Curious if anyone else likes this (C&C welcome)

woodyracing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This wasn't planned, I was by a pond and for some reason this just caught my eye. The background is the actually reflection of the sky in the pond. I'm kinda digging the way it came out but I'm wondering if it's just me

day27 by woodyracing, on Flickr

It fooled me completely. I thought you were shooting up at the sky and it had to be a HDR image.

haha yeah it's a deceptive angle which wound up being something I liked about it
no HDR just a bit of saturation and maybe a little sharpening.

I'm kinda thinking it would have been better with some ripples in the water, just wish I had thought to try that while I was out there...

haha I see your point. If I had gone lower, you would have just seen the mud that stuff was growing out of and I thought it kinda threw the image off a good bit

haha yeah it's a deceptive angle which wound up being something I liked about it
no HDR just a bit of saturation and maybe a little sharpening.

I'm kinda thinking it would have been better with some ripples in the water, just wish I had thought to try that while I was out there...

It sure would have helped to define the over all subject matter, as it would have made for a much stronger composition. As a photographer your goal is to present an image that conveys a story/message, which is easily understood by the viewer. Here we can't tell really what's what, so what I thought I was seeing, I wasn't.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back