Currency Conversion

Rhubarb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I purchased a new tripod yesterday and today was a little bit bored, so of course I had to have a bit of a play with it. So from the contents of my wallet and a currency conversion calculator came up with this somewhat random idea.

DSC_0832cMedium.jpg

DSC_0817bMedium.jpg

for me, the shallow DOF on the second image does not really work.

also, both of them are too blue-ish for my taste, but that is just my taste ;)

hmm, you have lots of different currencies in you wallet, right? ;)

for me, the shallow DOF on the second image does not really work.

also, both of them are too blue-ish for my taste, but that is just my taste ;)

hmm, you have lots of different currencies in you wallet, right? ;)

I travel a lot for my work - I spend about 5 months of the year 'on the road' (read, in airports and hotels..) so I end up with a quite a few different currencies in my wallet. I don't usually cash them in as chances are I will be back 'there' soon enough.

The idea for the shallow DOF on the second one was to have the 'Rate' button in sharp focus - to be the subject. No particular reason as to why. :) I guess the point of focus could of been a little 'higher' so the line of numbers below the top line of buttons was more out of focus, and less distracting to the top line...

Thanks for the comments.

well, when i look at the image, i am not drawn to the rate button. the shallow DOF is also on the banknotes and 3 other buttons, so this one does not stand out.

if you want it to stand out, maybe some postprocessing can solve this?

or lighting ... if you concentrate more light on that button, it might work.

I like the way the bills are spread out in the first picture. The calculator is an eye sore though. I think just the bills combined with the title "Currency Conversion" would be enough to get your point across, sans-calculator

I think your on your way to a good stock photo... although im not sure you can have money in them... I like the first one... I would like to see a different calculator and in a different postion. But thats just my 2 cents.

Yeah I did that on purpose.

Take the calculator out...and you'll have a great shot for the first one.

Just my thoughts...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back