What's new

curves

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
84
20040217-IMG_0167.jpg
 
Saawheeet Thor.

You get the best rides around. Love the colors and the fade out.
 
Very neat. Incandescant street light I assume?
 
thanks,

yes, normal street-lamp, either sodium or mercury, im thinking sodium since it appeared to be about 2 feet long and slightly orangeish originally.

Sadly many cities will be led within years. i wonder if they will allow yellow or green for mood ? or will be all be hospital white ?

At least we can process them how we like to get that older look. But i sure hope they are not all just bright white, that would suck.
 
When I was a kid all of our streetlights were mercury vapor lights, which they replaced with sodium vapor for economic reasons. So I get nostalgic for that greenish white cast again.
 
I like how you darkened the front, because it keeps your eyes from wandering out of the photo (that's probably a, "well duh!" for you, though).

It looks like a sodium vapor light to me. Mercury emits a whitish hue, where the sodium gives you that orangey tint that seems to be prevalent on the top and trunk of the car.

BTW, is that a 55 Bel Air? I'm not good with older cars, but it looks like a 55.
 
thanks !

i wish i knew the year... i cant remember them too well after the late 60's cars.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom