What's new

Custom Bass Guitar pics - eyeball-frying colour! (5DIII, 50/1.2L)

Nolly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
14
Location
United Kingdom
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi chaps!

I'm pretty happy with how these pics of my new bass came out, especially for a quick job :). Any comments welcome!


8614311506_bffd796f11_b.jpg



8613203327_35ae502bfb_b.jpg



8614311084_c569450457_b.jpg



8613202639_e59b71a8d8_b.jpg



8614310378_5050a44c28_b.jpg



8613203089_376d58d2c5_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
That is gorgeous design on that!!! So simple and clean and understated, design wise, and then made in that screaming yellow color! Nifty!
 
Oops you put two too many strings on by mistake! ;)
 
Damn, that is a beautiful bass. I like the pseudo MODULUS look with the neck into body, but not neck through. That color, I typically don't go for yellow, but it really looks good, like a Corvette. Great attention to detail, including the locking input for your cable, DAMN fine bass! I am assuming it's an all active system, some diesel pick ups.

Sounds silly, I have never shot any of my gear, unless it was to make a for sale advert.

Congrats on the purchase! What are you playing through?
 
Thanks chaps, it seems the bass is quite a hit! It's a fantastic instrument - 33.25-37" multi-scale design, I've got it tuned with a high G to low F# (!).

Any comments on the pictures themselves?

TATTRAT, I play through an Axe-FX II straight to front of house, you can hear my rig/see me play here:



Definitely check out some Dingwalls if you get the chance, they'll blow you away I guarantee :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too geeked out by the subject to comment much on the photography, but over all I say nicely done. I wish you had a shot of the whole thing though.

I'm gonna go home and make some noise now.
 
Thanks! I guess this would be the closest I got to a full-bass shot that I liked:

8613202765_3eb27818b4_b.jpg


I find it difficult to get pictures I like of full basses/guitars. They're just so long/narrow as objects, it makes it tricky to place them within a 6x4 crop in a way that looks good to me. Plus using a shorter focal length is often necessary to get the whole thing in shot, which yields unpleasant distortions. Any ideas/examples would be great!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom