Custom firmware for Conon cameras

johnh2005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have read about custom Firmware for the Canon camera's. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used one? If so how did you like it? Anyone here found/used one for a T3i?

The firmware for the T2i is called Magic Lantern if that rings any bells.

You can try looking here: Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki .

It is also a name given to a series of guide books such as the one here: Magic Lantern Guides: Canon EOS Rebel T3i EOS 600D / T3 EOS 1100D Multimedia Workshop: Amazon.ca: Lark Books: Books

I have never used any of the firmware, although I have one of the guides for my Canon 5D. It isn't too bad, a little better than the user's manual that came with the camera.

Not sure if this helps, but the only advice I would give you is that unless you are really a "techie" type and know what you are doing, be very careful loading off-brand firmware onto your camera. Also, from what I can see, the "Magic Lantern" firmware does appear to support the T3i, but you may want to check here first: initial ML version for 600D/T3i - Magic Lantern firmware development | Google Groups

Cheers,

WesternGuy

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks WesternGuy. I have already looked at both of those. I am pretty techie. However, in trying to read through all of those posts and the terms and abbreviations it is difficult. I was hoping someone here had actually used it and could speak to me in "English" about the program =) Thank you very very much for taking the time to look that stuff up for. I appreciate it.

HWesh, I already knew some of that. I do want the ability to do some video and be able to have the sound they way those guys make it or to be able to record longer in 1080p 30f/sec. I was just hoping to find someone here that had experience with it personally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back