CV

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Summer I am applying to a few work experience placements and some jobs. I already have a CV but it is aimed at more shop work related jobs, I've also applied to work in a local second hand camera shop. These various jobs will be for my gap year, I am traveling from December onwards and so need to gain some cash and some experience in a field I am studying at University in September 2011.

I understand that in America you don't have a Curriculum Vitae, but something different.

I was wondering what would you place on your CV, what would you include? Leadership roles? Education background? Praticual knowledge? List of all the types of Pokemon cards you own?

Could maybe one of you show me your CV so I can sort of guess what you would put on a photographers CV.

I also have a portfolio, which I have already sent along.

EDIT - I thought I would add that this would be for events photography / sports.

Thanks

James

Pokemon would definitely be at the top of my list:mrgreen:

Not knowing the UK well, I will put in general thoughts.

No one can put you in a 'great light' better than you. Be truthful and aim in the direction you may want to go. Do not worry about what the others will think of you, worry more about presenting yourself the way you want others to see, so you can go in the direction you are aiming.

I don't know if that makes sense to you, I wish you well though!!!

In North America, a CV is commonly reffered to as a Resumé, which I think it stupid, but that's another topic...

Basically sell yourself. Name and info at the top fairly large, then go down the list: work experience, education, volunteer work, skills etc, then references at the bottom. For a photographers CV, you should probably include a small portfolio I would think. Look online though, there are TONS of websites with templates, samples and guides.

Well I sent it out lets see what happens. Thanks for the help!

A CV is used to sell yourself and gets you interview, but that's as far as it will take you. The way you present yourself during the interview is what gets you jobs. Oh and portfolio too if you are going for a photographer job but it might show them your passionate about cameras too if you are able to produce professional looking work.

I got a job! Working with a sports photographer for a the summer season of horse racing. I'm a happy guy...

Congratulation!!! Such nice opportunity!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back