jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken on my way to work.
Didn't really like the colours, but I think it's not so bad in BW.

fietsbrug.jpg

Not having seen the color version, I can only guess that the colors might have made it too busy.

But this certainly works - I like the bold curves. :thumbup: Nice!

I like it and I think the b/w is ok. But, my eye is drawn to what's on the left hand side of the photo. I don't know if it's the compo or the lighter colors in the left corner. I think it would be a lot stronger with a tighter crop on the left.

has an industrial, dark feel. the lines of the bridge, the lamp posts, the car lights - all converging in the distance, powered by the main curved structure rising to the sky and dipping, unseen. with new structures being erected to the left and some old and new ones on the right, we could be crowded by the commerce. but the water below and around conjoins us back to the natural. the bicyclist reminds us of who we are. and we can relax and just enjoy the view.

very nice

Tuna

I like this shot! That's done by digital camera, right? The sky has that pixelation like my old camera used to do =(

Looks good...the tones are just right. :thumbup:

I always think that strong diagonals make for a compelling image. The arches and the hand rails draw your eye in different directions - I like that. Looking at the levels in Photoshop, there is a little bit of space at both the top and bottom of the histogram, which you could adjust to get crisper blacks. I did the same by setting the black point to the dark area under the bridge, and got what I thought was a slightly stronger image. Not that I'm saying it's bad as it is - it's fine. I love Dutch cycle paths, and Dutch bikes - got any more cycling pictures?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back