What's new

D 40 Flash

picture_perfect

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Planet Earth
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys i just got a D 40 but also came across a small problem with the Built-in Flash, When I am taking a picture the flash does not come up at times or it simply does not flash.

Can someone please help or give me tips for a new flash that will work on the D 40 thank you!!!
:thumbup::D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Where did you find that font? :lmao:

What shooting mode is the D40 set to when that happens?

What is the state of the camera's battery charge?

Once the flash has fired, it takes a few seconds for the flash capacitor to fully recharge. The lower the charge in the camera's battery, the longer it takes for the flash capacitor to charge.

Heads Up!

Your avatar is a copyrighted image. Unless you have written permission to use it, you are likely commiting copyright infringement (a federal offense in the US), and you appear to be violating The Photo Forum rules and regs: The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Do you want a flash that can do TTL?
 
Along with intended use it helpls to know a budget.

Around the house you could get by with a Nikon SB-400 in most cases. For more power the SB-600 (soon SB-700), or for all out fun the SB-900.

I also recommend checking into the Nissin line, I have the Di866 and really enoy it.
 
Its in regular auto. Every time i try to take a picture it clicks and clicks it seems to be like the actual flash is broken :(
And for a flash I just want something that I can use for just about everything price range less than 100 would be great.
Im sorry guys I am brand new to this so I do not know any abbreviations lol sorry
:er:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom