D300 shutter lag?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by cary, Apr 2, 2009.

1. mcuccia

mcuccia TPF Noob!

Just out of curiosity, will you loose patches / firmware updates when you restore factory settings?

2. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

Firmware is the software that runs inside the camera. So I do not believe it will lose it when you reset the camera settings.

3. dEARlEADER

dEARlEADER TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

no..... but you will lose your presets, custom menus, and shooting bank configs unless you back them up and reload them....

4. cary

cary TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Awesome! Thanks SO much. I'm going to do all of the above and let you know the results.....battery is charging now and I have two soccer games tomorrow! (They are little kids this time, so it's not that much of a priority---but still important)

5. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    :popcorn:

I encountered this a few times with my D300... it was invariably one of the things mentioned already... the 14 bit... the focus manner chosen... the maple syrup I packed my camera in...

oh wait...

6. elemental

elemental TPF Noob!

Thank you. The camera arrived today and I've been playing with it since the battery charged. I'm really impressed with the build quality (I haven't held one in a few months, and I forgot how brick-like they are) and the speed and intuitiveness of operation. I see why you like your D-00, and I think I'm going to like mine quite a bit as well. I hope you've gotten your shutter lag issue worked out. Now that I see just how instant shutter response and mirror return can be, I think I see how that could be very irritating. We're spoiled.

As for Cary Grant, I've only seen him in Hitchcock films (I took a class), but he really is one of the greats. Notorious is Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman directed by Alfred Hitchcock, which some might say is as good as it gets. Highly recommended, especially if you're named after the leading man.

7. mcuccia

mcuccia TPF Noob!

Thanks dEARlEADER, I just checked and found out that I'm still on firmware [A] 1.01 1.00. Why are there two versions actually?

Melissa