D300s help

hp1000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
I just upgraded from a d40 to D300s. Big step, a lot of things to learn. For some reason in all of the modes manual, A, P mode, while taking the same shot over and over, it decreases the shutter speed each time. In S mode it adjusts the exposure. I initially thought this was my Active D lighting, but I turned that off. This just adds way too much exposure to my pictures. I know it is something funky in my settings Can someone please help?

Pretty sure that's what it would be. Turn off the auto bracketing and try it again.

never mind... figured it out it was my FN mode.

thnx guys. user error on my part.

Has to be auto bracketing. Series of three shots increasing with each shot. Then next shot goes back to base.
Read through the manual and have your camera there and go through all the functions, will be time well spent.

maybe it's bracketing your shots.

lol. kidding.;)

I love how to have a d300s and no idea what FN is not a mode, it's a programable button, otherwise known as a "function" button.

I love how to have a d300s and no idea what FN is not a mode, it's a programable button, otherwise known as a "function" button.

don't hate because someone can afford good gear or got it as a gift.
nothing wrong with starting out with something better than a d40. :er:
it's a position i wish i were in.

Has to be auto bracketing. Series of three shots increasing with each shot. Then next shot goes back to base.
Read through the manual and have your camera there and go through all the functions, will be time well spent.

Not reading previous posts FTL.

Not reading previous posts FTL.

Yeah your post was much more valuable. :lol:

But it took up less space than your post, and actually proved that I read the thread before I put up a reply. The same can't be said for yourself...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back