D50 to laptop

benaccent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi there,

i aminterested in linking my laptop to my D50 so that shots can instantly be previewed on the laptop, can this be done? if so what software would i need and what leads etc, also would i be able to remotly operate the shutter and change setting using the software? many thanks

ben

Check the software that the camera came with. My Canon camera came with software that allows this. The camera is connected and controlled via the USB cable.

your D50 comes with a usb cable... that will be fine... alternatively if the laptop is media based, it may have a SD card slot built in.

i have checked the software that came with the camera (photo project 1.5) and there is no option to control it, only to directly import the shots from the sd card.

as i want to have a direct preview on the laptop as i am shooting this program will not work as desired. is there some software that will letme do this?

The software is called Nikon Capture.

Nikon Capture 4.0 can control most Nikon digital SLR settings using the camera's appropriate image transfer interface. Images can also be downloaded directly to a computer while shooting, for the convenience of on-screen viewing and directly saving onto a hard drive.

many thanks for that, just looked it up on the web. looks like that is exactly what i need

Most reactions

Back