What's new

What software do you use for editing?

Dikkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
355
Location
Belgium / Brussels
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm wondering what software you all use to edit and render your videos afterwards on your computer?

The standard software that came with your camera?
Or something else?

I've been experimenting with Kdenlive, ShotCut, OpenShot,... (all free en open source) lately.

Or do you only shoot video with your phone and edit it right away with an app like CapCut ?

My latest experiment with video was in Reaper DAW, an audio recording software that I use for my music adventures. It's also able to edit video.
So there I can directly edit the audio and do mastering on it or re-record sound on a separate track. I made a reel for IG, but I don't know for future video adventures what I'll be using, just curious about yours!

What is your purpose for your videos? Some people here with a vlog or create instruction videos?
 
I use LRC + Adobe Elements
 
I use Adobe Photoshop Premiere Elements. You can see my samples on the two Youtube links below.
 
Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm wondering what software you all use to edit and render your videos afterwards on your computer?

The standard software that came with your camera?
Or something else?

I've been experimenting with Kdenlive, ShotCut, OpenShot,... (all free en open source) lately.

Or do you only shoot video with your phone and edit it right away with an app like CapCut ?

My latest experiment with video was in Reaper DAW, an audio recording software that I use for my music adventures. It's also able to edit video.
So there I can directly edit the audio and do mastering on it or re-record sound on a separate track. I made a reel for IG, but I don't know for future video adventures what I'll be using, just curious about yours!

What is your purpose for your videos? Some people here with a vlog or create instruction videos?
You ought to change the thread title to include video editing. You;re getting a lot of still image editing answers.
 
Lightroom, Topaz, and Photoshop

I import RAW into lightroom, then send the RAW file to Topaz for noise reduction and sharpening, back to lightroom for most editing and export to jpeg. Sometimes they need extra editing and in those cases I send the image to Photoshop for some specialized final editing. People spend thousands on cameras and lenses and then skimp on the editing software. The software you use will have as much controls over your images and any lens or camera. Get the best you can afford and then take some time and learn how to use it.
 
Last edited:
Given this post is in the Video subforum, I'll reply with PowerDirector 19. Soon after I purchased it, CyberLink moved to the much-beloved Corporate Subscription Model which I refuse to participate in.
 
What do get from Elements that complements with LRC?
I actually use the Depth blur feature on Elements for me it works a bit better. I have had mixed results using it on LRC. I admit could be the user :-) Also i sometime use it effectively to change out the sky etc if I want to get more creative.
 
Video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. I like the workflow and make art videos, travel videos and short vignettes of the Grands. I would like to find something cheaper. I've used CapCut a few times and seems cumbersome.
 
Video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. I like the workflow and make art videos, travel videos and short vignettes of the Grands. I would like to find something cheaper. I've used CapCut a few times and seems cumbersome.
I found Adobe Premiere Elements effective enough. $100 I think the license is for three years. I never used Pro, but I would,think the process is similar so you don;lt have to learn a compeletely new editing p[rogram.
Starting with the 2025 version, Adobe changed the licensing for Adobe Premiere Elements. It is no longer a "forever" perpetual license.

Current License Duration​

  • 3-Year Term: The software now comes with a 3-year license.
  • Non-Renewing: After the three years are up, the Editor will stop working and become inaccessible.
  • Redemption-Based: The three-year countdown begins as soon as you redeem the code or download the product.

What Happens After 3 Years?​

  • Editor: You will no longer be able to use the video editing tools unless you purchase a new version or license.
  • Organizer: You will still have indefinite access to the Elements Organizer to manage and view your media catalog even after the editor expires.

Cost & Options​

  • Individual Purchase: Roughly $99.99 for the 3-year term.
  • Upgrade Price: If you have an older version, you can typically upgrade for about $79.99.
  • Bundles: You can also get it bundled with Photoshop Elements for approximately $149.99 (also for a 3-year term).
If you are currently using an older version (like 2024 or earlier), those versions remain perpetual and will continue to work as long as your hardware and operating system support them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom