What's new

d700 - the search has ended

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
2,392
Reaction score
384
Location
Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada
the search for a d700 started in earnest on last friday after I sold a final piece of furniture to finance it. The search was not easy. Many on-line stores or the websites of brick and mortar stores did not specify if the item was in stock or not. A phone inquiry was mostly met with a comment along the lines of "You must be kidding, right now that is the hardest camera to find in North America!" Prices are climbing fairly quickly with diminishing stocks.

I found a retailer in Toronto with a few in stock. List $2299, free express shipping, and no tax until mid week in celebration of their anniversary. Shipment was confirmed today and a post office tracking number issued.

I'm pretty stocked. I've been wanting one for about a year.

It will be accompanied on the camera shelf by a sb800, a 17-35 f2.8, a 35-70 f2.8, a 70-200 f2.8, a 85 f1.4, a 50 f1.8, a 28 f1.4, a 300 f4, a 135 f2, and my latest, a 24-70 f2.8.

Let the fun begin.
 
I just got mine a month ago and love it. :)
 
I'm drooling over your 70-200 2.8....seriously drooling. Congrats on your purchase! ! :) It must feel wonderfully to completel your family!
 
Wow that is an impressive and expensive collection of lenses you have there... what's your address? so i can rob you :mrgreen:
 
I'm going to a research which will involve taking photos in bad lighting conditions. I am bringing my D700, and one thing that I think is powerful is the fact that I am confident that I can walk into any situation with relatively ok lighting and be able to take photos hand held. I feel like I am winning already!!!
 
Yea, that list of glass made me mess my shorts. Welcome to The Full-Frame Club. You'll never look back. I will probably get another one to replace my back-up—two D700s for weddings.
 
D700 club got my vote :thumbup:

Welcome to the dark side my friend!
 
I should start selling my furniture to buy camera gear :D
 
Yea, that list of glass made me mess my shorts. Welcome to The Full-Frame Club. You'll never look back. I will probably get another one to replace my back-up—two D700s for weddings.

Some of that glass has been with me a while. I was using a FM2-n and a F4s long before the advent of any affordable digital slr. I'm just glad to finally be able to return to a format I'm comfortable with but in digital and at a price that is in the realm of a dedicated enthusiast earning a bit of revenue from photography.
 
Congrats Patrice, I love mine now I need to stock up on lenses.
 
Wow that is an impressive and expensive collection of lenses you have there... what's your address? so i can rob you :mrgreen:

That last part is a bit grass, don't you think?

(However I know from some of your other posts that there is no harm or insult intended.)


an impressive and expensive collection of lenses

Not too bad when a careful budget is adhered to and with opportune buying over more than a decade. Some hobbies are way more expensive than photography!
 
:thumbsup:


Congratz Patrice. The more, the merrier.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom