D7000 Auto ISO can't select specific ISO.

mooney101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so call me crazy but when I went to change the settings on my auto iso it only letting me pick between full stops. Example 400,800,1600 etc. I want to select 1250 iso but its not an option. Is there some settings somewhere effecting this? Thank you for your help.

PS I'm almost positive I use to have this set at 1250.

Do you have the latest firmware?

Go to: Menu -> custom setting menu -> metering/exposure -> ISO sensitivity step value -> 1/3 step

I hope it solves your problem.

Last edited:
This is as weird as it gets. I checked my D7000 and it did have ISO1250 as an option for maximum sensitivity. Then I shut the camera off and put it away. But I decided to get the camera to see all the maximum sensitivity options and relay this info. to you but now the 1250 option has disappeared. Certainly hope someone has the answer for this.

Jerry

Do you have the latest firmware?

Go to: Menu -> custom setting menu -> metering/exposure -> ISO sensitivity step value -> 1/3 step

I hope it solve your problem.

Mine was already set at 1/3 step but the 1250 is nowhere to be seen.

Jerry

Why not abandon the idea of using auto ISO and just set it manually?

Mike, I find auto ISO useful when I am shooting birds with my 70-300mm lens. I may want my shutter speed to be a minimum of 1/200sec. so I will set my ISO to 200, my minimum shutter speed to 1/200, and my maximum ISO to say 1600. Then I know the camera will choose the lowest ISO that will give the proper exposure for the other settings I have chosen. I then don't have to worry about my images being blurred from a slow shutter speed and I don't have to worry about using a higher ISO than is absolutely necessary.

Jerry

Select a higher "maximum sensitivity", then you will get ISO 1250 with auto ISO. ISO will only be adjusted to 1250 with 1/3 step value.

Thank for the tips so far. None work. I"m wondering it it was removed with the latest firmware and I'm just now noticing it. I tried setting it 1/3 but already had that set anyway. I can't choose maximum sensitivity of 1250 :)

Thank for the tips so far. None work. I"m wondering it it was removed with the latest firmware and I'm just now noticing it. I tried setting it 1/3 but already had that set anyway. I can't choose maximum sensitivity of 1250 :)

But Mooney as I said I definitely saw ISO1250 on my camera listed as an option for a maximum sensitivity setting. When I went back two minutes later ISO1250 was no longer listed as an option. That's why this is so weird. I know I'm not imagining this and I do not drink nor take narcotics.

Jerry

My D7000 has AUTO ISO ????

Didnt even know that.....;)

Does ISO 1250 has some magical properties that I am not aware of?

Does ISO 1250 has some magical properties that I am not aware of?

Probably not but if you saw an option listed on your monitor then two minutes later the option disappeared would you not be the the least bit curious? Being curious as to why seems perfectly normal to me whether you ever intend to use it or not.

Jerry

But Mooney as I said I definitely saw ISO1250 on my camera listed as an option for a maximum sensitivity setting. When I went back two minutes later ISO1250 was no longer listed as an option. That's why this is so weird. I know I'm not imagining this and I do not drink nor take narcotics.

Jerry

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is crazy :)

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Mooney,

I have a book titled "Mastering the Nikon D7000" which goes into a lot of detail about the settings but I couldn't find the answer there either.

Jerry

I could be wrong on this, but I believe that the setting of max sensitivity is limited to what's on the settings menu. But, the camera will pick intermediate ISO values to achieve correct exposure. in other words, you can't select all possible ISO options, but the camera can.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back