D7000 or D7100??

When talking about the D7100 vs D600 there are few ways of looking and I have commented about it in the past.
I think first buying new vs used, you are buying not just a new camera but also a piece of mind, the knowledge your baby is new and virgin and has the warranty to comfort you in case still something goes wrong and that is an important factor to way in when comparing these 2 cameras especially when you know there is some history behind the D600 original design.

In many ways the D600 and D7100 should produce almost same quality of pictures and the only real different is at night where the bigger sensor of the FX body has the advantage.
This of course is a very important factor but when looking at all these issues personally I would go with the new D7100, it really is such a fantastic camera and even in low light it still produces remarkably good pictures.

Eh...
Virgins are overrated.
I prefer something slightly used. Already broken in. At least a couple of actuation's before i get to handle it.

Oh yea.... I prefer used cameras too.
:er: Yeah, well, aaaa.................not sure what to say

All right back to cameras, personal preference, in regards to lens I am all for used but in regards to camera I want new.
This is all about a personal comfort zone.

BestBuy's already advertised Black Friday special of a brand-new Nikon D7000 and a brand-new 18-140mm VR_Nikkor lens for $799 looks like a pretty sweet deal!!! Just sayin...

This is indeed a good deal, hard to beat that but I (and thats my own personal feeling about it) would rather go for a new D7100 which I think will be around 1000$ and to that I would add a used 18-105mm VR which is around 150$ used.

Again this is my view and what I would do, others might rather go with the cheaper D7000 deal and nothing is wrong with that, I just dont like to buy yesteryears technology even if its still very good.

I was in the same situation upgrading from my d3100 and I ended up with a D7000 it's a great camera and it performs well in most conditions. But if I had the choice (and if money wasn't a problem like it was) I would get the D7100 simply because it's a newer DSLR but there isn't much difference between the two.

Jack M'crystal Photography

I was in the same situation upgrading from my d3100 and I ended up with a D7000 it's a great camera and it performs well in most conditions. But if I had the choice (and if money wasn't a problem like it was) I would get the D7100 simply because it's a newer DSLR but there isn't much difference between the two.

Based on my vast 5-day experience with the D7100 and the fact that I have both a D7000 and a D7100 in my camera bag to compare I would agree with that statement. The D7100 has a SLIGHT edge in sharpness and a SLIGHT edge in high-ISO performance but it's not Earth-shattering. There are some minor ergonomic differences between the two that, in my personal opinion, actually give the nod to the D7000. It is also quite possible that lenses will become the determining factor where sharpness is concerned. I can see a minor sharpness difference with some of my lenses, but with my Sigma 150-500 there is virtually zero difference.

The D7100 has one advantage over the D7000 that makes it worthwhile to me though: It is able to flush the shot buffer quicker and maintain shooting at a reduced rate when the shot buffer fills. With the D7000 I can get about 11 shots (14-bit RAW) in the buffer and it is DONE for about 6 to 8 seconds until the buffer flushes. The D7100 will slow down significantly when the buffer fills, but it will keep shooting. That 6 to 8 seconds that the D7000 will not shoot can feel like an eternity sometimes to. When an Eagle (either a feathered one or one in afterburner) is flying overhead and I'm standing there banging on the shutter release trying to get the damn camera to do SOMETHING it might as well be an hour because in a few seconds the opportunity is gone. The same thing would be true of action on a race track or a football field or anywhere that the action is fast and unpredictable. Having that stupid, puny buffer fill and then stand there with a lump of junk in my hands until it flushed is my number one gripe, and really my only gripe, with the D7000. To me it is a significant problem and one that the D7100 seems to have partially solved so I plan to keep mine for that reason.

I just upgraded from the D90 to D7000 so that tells you what I would do. I think you'd be better served spending the extra money on better lenses than the kit lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back