D7000 Refocusing Problem

A half press of the shutter should technically lock focus. So, if the OP was using af-s then focusing by half pressing the shutter and then recomposing - it should not refocus until after the shot is taken. Af-c is probably different.

If that is true, will it hold focus if I don't let up on the shutter release while in CL release mode?
No, because you recomposed.

Also take a good look at page 93 of your D7000 user's manual - Getting Good Results with Auto Focus and the 6 situations they note when AF will have problems.
She was standing in a dimly lit doorway with bright outdoor light behind.

Ok, none of the six situations applied in my case the doorway/bright outdoor situation was causing the metering difficulties, not focus issues.

From the manual, page 97:

"AF-S focus mode: Focus will lock automaticallywhen the in-focus indicator appears, and remain locked until you remove your finger from the shutter-release button. Focus can also be lockedby pressing the AE-L/AF-L button."

So, apparently the bold underlined part does not apply when shooting in CL/CH release mode, because my finger never let up from the shutter release button and it did unlock focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back