D80? D60? Holga?

I considered the 11 on the D80 a major selling point. What are the negatives of 11 vs. just 3?
The negatives of more AF points? I guess the only one I can think of is that there would be more black boxes all over your screen, although it's really not much of a problem.

I'm glad you went for the D80. Although the actual image quality difference won't be that much, you'll find that being able to autofocus with AF-D lenses (my mind jumps to the "Nifty Fifty" 50mm f/1.8) will be very handy. Enjoy!

D80 for sure. It may be 2 years old but it's still greatly more advanced than the D60.

D80 offers:
-Pentaprism viewfinder
-Larger, more ergonomic body
-More external controls
-In-body focusing motor, so far more lens choices
-11 focusing points (vs. 3 :O on D60)

The D60 is a decent camera but at the lower price than the D60, the D80 can't be beat.

D80, no question about it.

AF motor built in, 11 point focusing, commander mode for your flashes (this "can" be a really big deal feature if you want to get into using the CLS), better "feel" (totally subjective, but there it is), etc.

The active d-lighting is the ONLY thing I really consider a plus on the D60.

The three auto focus points drive me nuts with my D40... the 11 on the D80 is BARELY enough.

OK, I've decided on the D80.

I'm still curious to hear some input about my previous question, though:

Mav mentioned the 11 AF zones on the 80 compared to 3 on the 60, stating that there are pros and cons with each.

I considered the 11 on the D80 a major selling point. What are the negatives of 11 vs. just 3?

Jon

I can't begin to imagine why you would want that crappy 3 point system over an 11 point system. I have both, there is no disadvantages whatever to the 11.

I also have a D300 which has 51 which is VASTLY superior yet.

D80, no question about it.

AF motor built in, 11 point focusing, commander mode for your flashes (this "can" be a really big deal feature if you want to get into using the CLS), better "feel" (totally subjective, but there it is), etc.

The active d-lighting is the ONLY thing I really consider a plus on the D60.

+1

Although you might consider size a advantage, I just can't live without the small screen on the top of the body.

Not to make things worse, but did you think of a D200? A used D200 is as much as a new D80.

Most reactions

Back