D850 and the Atomos Shinobi SDI

DeviantWolf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was looking into going into videography because i constantly get asked if i do video at events that I cover, but unfortunately i don't as of yet but been looking into it. Wanted to ask if there is a great benefit, besides the larger screen, to getting an external monitor for the camera and if so, anyone who may have the Atomos Shinobi SDI that can offer their opinion on the monitor, i'd greatly appreciate it.

I was hoping someone else would post a reply, but I guess not. The main reasons to get a Shinobi are 1. it is able to preview a very non-standard mode with a LUT applied in the display. That is to say, if you are recording in something like a Log format, then the Shinobi will show it as a "normal" appearing display. Whether that helps or not is a matter of taste. On my Panasonic G85 I can record what is called a "CineLikeD" profile which is an extra low contrast, high dynamic range, low saturation setting which can be graded later. The camera display shows the file the way I am recording it. As I write this, I am not sure if I would even want to see it displayed as an approximation of my final output. 2. it also has some analytical tools that some people might like.

You should start by going to the Atomos website and read their promo page.

Here's a review vid:

"Atomos Shinobi Hands On | More than a monitor!",
posted Feb 18, 2019 by "Dan Watson", [length 8:50]
""

Most reactions

Back