D90 Accessory Purchase Help (Audio)

pmigliaccio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
patmigliaccio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok well this doesn't entire fit into this forum but I figure some of you may be able to help me. As many know the audio quality of the D90's video mode is bad. So, I wish to purchase a shotgun microphone, but I don't know which one to choose from, and which is compatible.

I have looked at the Rode VideoMic which I have heard is compatible but I have also heard that the Azden SGM-1X is even better. I am unsure if the Azden mic is compatible and if I need an adapter. (If yes what kind of adapter).

Sorry for posting this here, I know you guys specialize in photog but the D90 is a DSLR, so someone may know.

---------------------------Edit--------------------------------
Now I have been reading that the D90 is unable to support any type of audio input. So if anyone is able to clarify this please do.

Last edited:
IIRC the D90 doesn't have anywhere to plug-in an external microphone.

At any rate it would be covered in the D90 Users Manual.

Buy and Sell (26 Viewing)
Consider this the TPF Classifieds! Looking to buy or sell photographic equipment? Read the disclaimer before you post here!

Photography Equipment & Products: News & Reviews (165 Viewing)
Talk about the latest photographic headlines and read - or give - product reviews. Also get advice on what equipment to purchase and get opinions from others about various products.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, didn't know there were a bunch of hefty regulations on this forum.

Sorry about that, didn't know there were a bunch of hefty regulations on this forum.

Well usually marketplace is just for purchases / selling / trades :D

This is a good question though. Id suggest getting something from Zoom plus the Rhode or the other mic you mentioned

Most reactions

New Topics

Back