D90 AND THE AUTOMATIC ISO SETTING

HeY iTs ScOTtY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottandersen.fototime.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK SAW A THREAD ABOUT AUTOMATIC ISO SETTINGS AND REMEMBERED THIS... I HAVE A D90 AND WHEN I FIRST GOT IT IT WAS ON AUTOMATIC ISO. I NOTICED IT ALWAYS USED THE 3200 ISO NO MATTER WHAT. ANYBODY ELSE WITH A D90 HAVE THIS PROBLEM? I JUST REMEMBERED IT, I NEVER USE THE AUTOMATIC SETTING BECAUSE OF THAT. I HAVE HAD THE CAMERA FOR LIKE 3 OR 4 MONTHS NOW SO I THINK IM GOING TO TRY IT AGAIN NOW THAT I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CAMERA. I KNOW I TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET IT TO FUNCTION BETTER BUT IT WOULDN'T. IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM LET ME KNOW. I DON'T KNOW IF ITS JUST THE CAMERA OR SOMETHIN GOOFY.

never had that problem with mine.

But I've always had the "iso sensitivity settings" under the shooting menu set to off.

No offense intended, Scotty, but many of us have told you before... you're deciding on your own to pretty much break netiquette with your caps lock... you're either going to get fewer or no responses to these things. (or sarcastic remarks)

Caps lock don't bother me!

Never experienced that problem myself... limit it to 1600 though.

I'm a self proclaimed expert on the D90, feel free to ask me any questions on the D90 - I'll most likely have the answer.

Disclaimer: I've been drinking vodka/redbull for the last 3 hours.

I never use auto ISO on ANY camera, other then handing it over to someone else & setting it on Magic Green at which point G-d know what camera does.
Mainly I shoot at ISO 400 and don't have a need to go above that. On occasion, I can go to 1600 and then run noise ninja.
Really, try to be mindful of any auto settings camera uses. Auto is nice if you aren't comfortable with camera's ability but in long run it'll likely to hinder your image, then help you.

^^^^ :lol: Ok, well... that was funny. :lol:

On my D90 I had the custom menus setup so that was the first option that popped up and I could easily switch it off or go through a number of presets like 400-800 or 800-3200....

On the D300s I can scroll through any number of customized preset ranges with the touch of a button :D

But no... I've never had an issue with this, and I've never seen it choose a setting I wouldn't have chosen myself. It just does it a couple hundred thousand times faster than I can ;)

Why the unrest? Wheres the peace? Settle down folks and THEN we'll answer the question.

Sorry, but no-caps is basic ettiquette. Welcome to the Internetz.

Not the easiest manual for a non-techy like myself. But go back to page 74 and page 166.
I can only think that you have the ISO set for 3200 (instead of the maximum ISO) and think the auto ISO is on when it's off. That would make it do 3200 all the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back