D90 or D1X

The D7000 is stacking up to be A very nice DX. The D300 only has very little over this new body...

The D40 can sync all the way up to 1/4000.

i think you're confusing flash sync speed with shutter speed

This is one of the reasons I still have my D70 - it's electronic shutter will sync at all speeds, but only with manual flashes through a pc plug. Does not work with either my sb-400, sb-600 or sb-800 mounted on camera. No problems up to 1/4000 with metz cl4, at 1/8000 it's about 2 stops underexposed.

Pat
it might do it, but two stops is an awful lot.

For the about the same price as the d1x you can buy a d70, which is a better camera.

If you can find a d1x for $225 or less, it isn't a bad deal for the budget minded; however, you will need to buy a brand new battery--and a spare. These cameras use older NIMH battery technology and the batteries don't last all that long--older batteries won't likely hold a charge very well.

A better alternative to the d90 would be the d200, which sells for around $450 in great condition.

The d80 is also an alternative, they can be had for less then $400.

One benefit the d200 and the d1x have over the d90 is their compatibility with older manual focus ais nikon lenses which won't meter on the d90.

Most reactions

Back