D90 or D80?

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well it's getting close to Christmas time and I have had my mind set on the d90 but now that I really look the d80 seems like a great camera and now you can buy one for about half the price of the d90 and then get some great glass. So I would just like to know the main key differences that would make me want to get the d90 over the d80 or if the d80 is a great choice for a first dslr.

The D90 is a big improvement over the D80 in terms of sensor performance and metering accuracy.

I would only consider the D80 if it was absurdly cheap.

ok because the d80 is like 535 and the d90 is like 900 so it's a big difference i think.

The D90 also gives you video with limitations which some people find useful.

skieur

Ya that is true but I don't think I will be using the video to often really.

I ended up going for a D80 Bundle on Ebay. It came with 2 Nikkor lenses (18-55mm and 55-200mm) and a bunch of other stuff that ended up being junk.

I paid $900, but I used Microsoft Live search and got $200 cash back (look into that to save additional $). So, I paid roughly $700 for the d80 with two lenses, which seems pretty reasonable. I'll admit the allure of the package kind of got me, but I was disappointed with the quality of everything but the camera and lenses.

At the time, I would have spent over $1000 to get a d90 with a single lens. Instead, I used the money I saved to buy an Alienbees light kit and reflector, since I hope to start doing some portraits of my daughter.

I also figured that if I ever wanted to jump up to a d90 or other model, I'd sell my camera body and keep the lenses.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks I always wondered about the live cashback because a lot of people say that they find every way they can to not give you the money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back