What's new

D90 Viewfinder Question

bruce282

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
274
Reaction score
7
Location
Northern Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've looked through the users manual and found zip.

On the bottom right of the viewfinder the remaining shots are displayed.
[ 1.0]k in my case. When I push the shutter 1/2 way down the display changes to [r21]. I can't find out what this means. Also the exposure display indicates overexposed by move than 1 stop. I have the camera set to Auto, ISO to 200, WB to Auto.

I've been playing with menu options, so I did the 2 button reset and things are the same.

Bruce
 
R21 isn't an error code, it's an indication of the number of shots available in the camera's buffer.
 
Thank you. That was driving me crazy.


Bruce


Shooting in RAW it should only say [r09]. This is one quick check I do before taking the photo. My wife will often switch it to basic or fine when she uses it- I only shoot in RAW.






p!nK
 
Thank you. That was driving me crazy.


Bruce


Shooting in RAW it should only say [r09]. This is one quick check I do before taking the photo. My wife will often switch it to basic or fine when she uses it- I only shoot in RAW.






p!nK

Very good point!
 
When I push the shutter 1/2 way down the display changes to [r21]. I can't find out what this means.
r21 is the number of shots remaining before the memory buffer fills.

See page 8 - Item #22, and page 65 - "Buffer Size", of the Nikon D90 Users Manual.
 
I believe you could also change that display to something else when you press down the shutter half-way, such as ISO.
 
When I push the shutter 1/2 way down the display changes to [r21]. I can't find out what this means.
r21 is the number of shots remaining before the memory buffer fills.

See page 8 - Item #22, and page 65 - "Buffer Size", of the Nikon D90 Users Manual.

Thanks Keith, my mistake for thinking my Magic Lantern Guide($) would have that info in it. I'll just stick the Nikon manual from now on.

Bruce
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom