What's new

D90 vs 50D

Thanks for all the input. I went and played with them both for over an hour and drove two customer service girls crazy with questions. I finally bought the D90 just because it felt the best in my hand. Now its time to play with it and figure out how things work. Should be fun since i have only owned point and shoots. Again, thanks everyone.
 
The final was a question as to who shoots with a 2K lens on a sub K body.


Many folks do. I own a Canon 40D and shoot with a 70-200 2.8 IS ($1600) and a 600 f/4 IS ($7,600). Just shows that its glass and not bodies that matter.

I had wonderful service through Canon myself. 1 warranty issue repaired and back to my house in 8 days.
 
As we hear very often... invest in glass! After all, the lens does most of the work for you.
 
As we hear very often... invest in glass! After all, the lens does most of the work for you.

Indeed, with digital bodies the body does matter to an extent but once you hit the liked of the K200D, K20D, D90, 40D and 50D glass starts to matter and definatly nothing wrong with spending more on glass than the body.

Hell it's commonplace to do so on film. I'd think nothing of shooting with expensive glass on my £35 ME Super body.
 
Thanks for all the input. I went and played with them both for over an hour and drove two customer service girls crazy with questions. I finally bought the D90 just because it felt the best in my hand. Now its time to play with it and figure out how things work. Should be fun since i have only owned point and shoots. Again, thanks everyone.

Congrats! Welcome into Nikon's world! :sexywink:
 
Keep in mind Nikon warranty on big lenses if 5 years compared to 1 year with Canon!!

Nikon for sure!
I have 7 years on my Canon lenses, and it still cost me less than Nikkor lenses. In fact, if you know where to buy the 7 year warranty doesn't cost you anything (Adorama). :)

Congrats on the D90, you'll love it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom