DA Limiteds Get Updates

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel compelled to sell my 40mm XS and get one of the new HD 40 Ltd... in silver. Oh yeah....
LBA is a terrible disease. :drool:

I read a bunch of comments in the original article, and was surprised at how very negatively the hard-core Pentaxians were on the new changes! they HATED the switch to the red ring around the lenses from the green ring, with most claiming it was an attempt to "look like Canon". The hard-cores also disliked the removal of the name "Pentax" on the top of the lens, where they could read the brand name when looking down at the focusing distance...they disliked the way Hoya has dropped the name "Pentax" and instead substituted max. aperture and focal length, such as 2.8/40...all in all, a lot of kvetching about the changes. But to me, it totally makes sense: the NEW lenses have the newer, more-rounded apertures, and also have the NEW HD (AKA nano-coat) anti-reflective lens coating, so they actually are significantly different, upgraded models, and the new "red ring" cosmetic touch clearly,clearly shows that the lens is a "new" variant...

I think what really tweaks the older owners of Limited-series lenses is that the "new" models have the potential to devalue their pre-existing purchases, and marks their formerly exclusive lenses as now being "obsolescent"....poor green-ring owners!!

Hahaha, completely right. I LOVE the new look, and have this gnawing itch to replace all of my Limiteds with the upgraded red ringers. Crap.

For the quality lens Pentax produce proves that the big two doesn't have to charge so much for their lens. This is why I will be buying a Pentax in the future.

Most reactions

Back