Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle built for two !
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

6670921365_680a1abc9c_b.jpg

btw my dog's name is Daisy :mrgreen:

What's the shot data? The focus looks a bit soft, and as if there's insufficient DoF. The white balance appears to also be too warm.

ISO 100, 50mm f/1.8, .5 sec.
looking at the image fully zoomed the focus seems to lie square on her nose, but I see what you're saying about it being a bit soft.

looking at the image fully zoomed the focus seems to lie square on her nose, but I see what you're saying about it being a bit soft.

Yeah, at f/1.8, the DoF at that distance is going to be very shallow. Ideally for portraiture (of any kind) you'd want the focus to fall on the eyes, and have at least adequate DoF to encompass the subjects head. As you've stated by providing the shot data, the image could have greatly been improved by raising your ISO, and stopping down your lens.

Keep shooting! Cute dog too!

Yeah, at f/1.8, the DoF at that distance is going to be very shallow. Ideally for portraiture (of any kind) you'd want the focus to fall on the eyes, and have at least adequate DoF to encompass the subjects head. As you've stated by providing the shot data, the image could have greatly been improved by raising your ISO, and stopping down your lens.

Keep shooting! Cute dog too!

Thank you, I really appreciate your input. I will definitely keep that in mind now! :D

Here's an image I took quite a while ago. I shot this with a 5D and 50mm f/1.4. I shot this at f/2.2 in aperture priority mode after I had just got my 5D. I focused on her face, her left eye specifically and took the photo. I utilized a shallow DoF, but also had a sharper image because I stopped my lens down 1 1/3 stops.

tumblr_lbr3exEvWu1qehfxwo1_1280.jpg

that's a very nice shot. Extremely sharp! The dog is a beauty too! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Half a second shutter speed? I'm guessing the camera was sitting on the floor. Did you use the timer?

Half a second shutter speed? I'm guessing the camera was sitting on the floor. Did you use the timer?

Correct on both accounts. Impressive! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back