Dallas Skyline from the Perot Museum

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$9303167272_e346d330ea_c.jpg

Doesn't look the teeniest bit HDR. Looks like a normal, 1-frame image.

I'm not sure how late their open about you should try that shot around 8:50-9-15pm. You'll get a much prettier blue sky.

Doesn't look the teeniest bit HDR.

Thank you very much. I think the best HDR is HDR that doesn't look much like HDR. I use it mostly to get better exposure. And I don't mind those who do more extreme HDR; I like those too, and sometimes even do it that way.

This one was just to open up the shadows, and save the color in the sky. This was a stitch, BTW, so I can't show you the original, but I could put one back together, if you'd like to see what it looked like before processing.

I'm not sure how late their open about you should try that shot around 8:50-9-15pm. You'll get a much prettier blue sky.

I don't, know how late they stay open, either. But later shots are something special downtown. There's a parking garage near the old Planet Hollywood location that gives you a good shot of Woodall Rogers, the neon green building, and other shots.

I don't, know how late they stay open, either. But later shots are something special downtown. There's a parking garage near the old Planet Hollywood location that gives you a good shot of Woodall Rogers, the neon green building, and other shots.

In my best Montgomery Burns voice: "Excellent!"

Thanks, I'm always looking for new places to shoot downtown Dallas.

Here is some of my shots (post 13 was taken from the El Fenix parking lot).

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/329179-downtown-dallas-texas.html

Have you been to the new park they built over the expressway?

$8482985016_1549e0b7ed_b.jpg

Have you been to the new park they built over the expressway?

Nice shots.

Oddly enough, I live in Uptown just around the corner and have not made it by there yet. It's like it's always under construction. Anyhow, I'm usually crawling around the Levees or walking around downtown.

And when they finally get Reunion Tower opened up again, it provides an amazing view of Dallas on the rotating restaurant. Don't know what that's going to cost now; my son wanted to eat there for his tenth birthday. He had a blast, leaving messages for other diners stuck in the frame as the floor rotated slowly.

$5924117500_be09bac820_b.jpg

Oh, and check out the monumental stainless steel sculpture group over near the Deep Ellum DART station.

So are your HDRs done in camera or post process?

man, it's raining pretty good downtown.

Everything is post processing for me. I don't trust the camera to do it the way I like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back