noob873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CC/opinions please:

DSC_9139a.jpg

DSC_9142a.jpg

I like the lighting - it looks nicely even, if perhaps a touch bright (see her left thigh in #1, for example). I also like the curve of the backdrop meeting with the concrete floor in #1, it makes the image more interesting than a straight line interface.

The three big cons I see are:
-I would suggest having a bit more separation between the model and the backdrop, so that you can put the backdrop more out of focus (and maybe keep some of the light from falling on it). This would hide some of the texture (wrinkles), which I don't feel add anything to these images.
-The model's black top against the black backdrop is unfortunate. Particularly in the first shot it makes her upper body look disconnected from her lower body. If you must work with these colors, rim lighting would have helped.
-The biggie, and the first question that came to mind - is she really a dancer? Nothing in either shot tells me she really is. Though she's en pointe in the first one, she's doing it seated. I can get en pointe with my rear on a stool. Not meant to be a dig against her, but if she really is a dancer, take advantage of her control of her body to get her in some interesting action shots.

Wow I can't even see the backdrop at all, I guess I need to re-calibrate this monitor. Thanks I'll be sure to fix that.

Wow I can't even see the backdrop at all, I guess I need to re-calibrate this monitor. Thanks I'll be sure to fix that.

Or maybe you don't - I'm looking at these on my (very definitely not calibrated) laptop monitor. I'll take a look at it later on my Mac which should be better. If the backdrop looks good to you that's what matters, right? Unless you plan on presenting it online and need to account for everyone else's uncalibrated monitors, who cares?

Edit: Just checked on the Mac - it looks fine from here. So yeah, unless you really care about how everyone else might see it online I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
That first shot is awesome!

Look at it at different angle from your screen.

Look at it at different angle from your screen.

That's looking for an uncalibrated part of your monitor to look for a mistake in a picture.

If I want, I can also see the wrinkles on the 2nd picture by looking from above my screen. So I guess yea, you could hit a brush in photshop on some of those areas. But It doesn't really matter.

I like her pose on the 2nd one, but her hand, in my opinion, needs a bit color correction.

I like the first shot pretty good; as a dancer shot I'd like to see more of her in that aspect, as opposed to sitting on a stool...

Most reactions

Back