Dangling Beauty

I just read my D70s manual, it does! I actually ordered a D7200 refurb but it came to me defective. Adorama took care of it quickly. It wouldn't power on. It didn't have a mark on it either, I was bummed. I am still in the hunt for one but in no hurry.

It is good to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't read the manual very well! LOL
I hope the next D7200 works out. :)

There is no requirement for bracketing doing focus stacks. To do it right, you should use a tracking focus rack. I've done some with as a few as 7 frames, others with 10-12. Photoshop stacks them nicely for you with very few artifacts. I just find it incredible tedious. Another way is to fork out the big bucks and get a Tilt/Shift lens.

Very nice set!
Have you ever tried focus stacking? I really know nothing about it, but have seen some really neat photos using the technique. :)
I think you have to bracket and my D3300 doesn't do that.

focus stacking is quite different and a bit equipment intensive.
Michael Erlewine is an Internet acquaintance and is an expert at focus stacking Google

Very nice set!
Have you ever tried focus stacking? I really know nothing about it, but have seen some really neat photos using the technique. :)
I think you have to bracket and my D3300 doesn't do that.

focus stacking is quite different and a bit equipment intensive.
Michael Erlewine is an Internet acquaintance and is an expert at focus stacking Google

Thanks for the link. I watched the first one last night and it was very insightful. Too much baseball going on but will view the other one's. Looks like it adds specific clarity on the subject. Appreciate it Lew.

He has several free e-books for download and they are beautifully done.

e-Books

halfway down the page.

upload_2016-10-20_19-31-51.png

Most reactions

Back