Dara

NikonChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First; I agree about uping the anti in the critique forum.
Two; I am my strongest critic. I typically agree with the technical flaws that are pointed out and appreciate differences in personal taste.
That said, anything technical, please try to offer solutions to what you see and feel free to offer all humble opinions irregardless. That goes on everything I post, anywhere....

Anywho, back in the studio a second time....A vast improvement over my first return, yet could still use some help. He was going for a teen pop idol kinda look.
DaraRed.jpg

DaraDesat.jpg

DaraBleached.jpg

DaraBeige.jpg

When I look at these images I don't see the person first, I see the clothes. The poses and framing do not make him the focus of the picture.
The 'pop idol' look requires the projection of personna through the pictures and these don't make it happen.
Perhaps if he was looking at the camera so we could see his eyes... Find out about body language, because that is what pictures like this depend upon to work.

The lighting shapes his face well. The exposure is good.

Not seeing the subjects eyes rarely works for me. If Dara is trying to get auditions he needs to captivate the audience. This can not be achieved by looking at his shoes. Pretend that the lens is the audience and the casting director.

Thanks guys.
Good point on the personna. Ive got a couple of him looking up but these were a couple of favorites.
How about these:
personally I dont like the one where hes wet, and always have a polarizer filter available, even for studio portraits... his shades were a b!tch to clean up in post. :grumpy:
DaraShades.jpg

DaraBlue.jpg

DaraWet.jpg

Commercially; the client wants a certain look... he gets it. That is why we get paid. I mean to ask were these shots the work of you or the subject? I mean to say that if I was an AD or an agent I would not hire him because the photos seem unnatural.

It seems to me that you are taking a gentleman who is a strong, dominant looking person, and attempting to make him look soft and cuddly.. I doubt it will work.. you need to take his inside, and have it expressed in true situation expressing his character., or at least the character he is portraying .. imo

Please don't take my opinion too seriously, and I know 0 about modeling and this form of photography.

Most reactions

Back