Dark, overcast, flat light

The movement of the clouds and colour is wonderful in the second pic. Well done!

first one i like the foreground... the mid/back isn't great though... looks soft and the colors are wonky...

the 2nd one is pretty nice imo... it's a really nice reflection and the colors are great... could it have been shot 20-30min earlier so the light bulbs would be less standing out? (bad english i know lol)

syphlix, thanks for your feedback, I almost didnt post this image because of the sodium lights in the background.

Um... holy cr@p that second one is jaw-dropping.

I don't see many pictures on TPF that impress me. This one... wow. I'm literally floored.

:blushing:, thanks manaheim, I really appreciate the compliment.

The 2nd shot is incredible... Nice work.

thanks DirtyD

The 2nd shot is fantastic, the sky looks like smoke.
The 1st one is a nice shot, but I can't tell whether the background is not in full focus or if you used to high an fstop. I would've aimed at f11-16 for that. You don't need HDR for those sort of shots, just a whisp in the adjustment brushes in ACR would fix that.

Thanks Sam, background is not 100% in focus, slightly soft, sharpened a little in post to make it less obvious, youre right, it didnt need to be shot as an HDR, but as I have said in another thread its what I am educating myself on at present.

I go through phases of learning and try and do as much as can of a technique/subject so I can increase my knowledge base of what works, when it works and how to make it work, so in the future I have the skill and knowledge to further enhance any oppurtunity that may come my way.

The movement of the clouds and colour is wonderful in the second pic. Well done!

Thanks shan

Most reactions

Back