Darking and redness when saved for web?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I notice that when I save for web in CS2, the images become darker and redder for some reason. I didn't have this problem with regular CS. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I correct it?

A month or two ago I had a problem with my colors being completely different in photoshop then when I saved them.
This is what I got when I made something black and white. (When I put saturation on -100)
Edited.jpg

The saved file would be normal black and white

To fix it I went to
Edit > Color Settings > Color Management Off

But I don't know if you are having the exact same problem I was.

I wouldn't recommend turning off colour managment. What I do and it works very nicely is in CS2 go to EDIT>CONVERT TO PROFILE>sRGB. sRGB is the setting for the web, after you do all of this save for the web, right click on your image and make sure the option called something like maintain or use colour profile is selected. If you do all of these steps correct your image will look exactly the same in PS as the web, good luck :)

I find that my images are lightened by 'Save for web'

Your probably working color space A and saving in color space B which is causing the color shift. Check out which one you using to edit and which one your using to save.

Thanks guys!
Yours are lighter Mike? Damn, that's weird...
Slo Shooter, where do I find this A and B thing?

Thanks guys!
Yours are lighter Mike? Damn, that's weird...
Slo Shooter, where do I find this A and B thing? Or does that only apply to Mike's lightening problem?

Well I was merely using A and B as variables like X and Y.

The colorspace is usually determined when you create a new document. If you hit new you'll see an option for choosing your color mode. Alternativly if your creating documents from the RAW converter it will be under workflow options.

If you want to see what a current file is or want to convert a file to a different color space hit Edit/Convert to Profile...

At the top you will see the current profile and then a drop down box of choices. As FoxXx mentioned above you can convert the file to sRGB, which is what monitors use and then you shouldn't notice a difference when you Save as Web.

SLOShooter said:
Well I was merely using A and B as variables like X and Y.

The colorspace is usually determined when you create a new document. If you hit new you'll see an option for choosing your color mode. Alternativly if your creating documents from the RAW converter it will be under workflow options.

If you want to see what a current file is or want to convert a file to a different color space hit Edit/Convert to Profile...

At the top you will see the current profile and then a drop down box of choices. As FoxXx mentioned above you can convert the file to sRGB, which is what monitors use and then you shouldn't notice a difference when you Save as Web.

Uhoh. I can see that I am going to have to read the book...:meh:

Most reactions

Back