What's new

Dart Frogs anyone!? =)

Cold War Kid

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 19, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I used to keep dart frogs as well as fish. unfortunately, dorms don't allow any animals... guess i gotta wait 'til my apartment. hah

Dendrobates amazonicus
amazonicus.jpg


amazonicus2.jpg


Dendrobates azureus
azureus.jpg


Phyllobates bicolor
bicolor.jpg


bicolor2.jpg


D. pumilio 'variants'
basti5.jpg


cayo.jpg


basti3.jpg


Vivs i've constructed
paludarium.jpg


paludarium2.jpg


viv1.jpg
 
Nice shots.
I think my favorite is the 1st D. pumilio 'variants' one.
I think it's because of the shallow DOF of it.

Beautiful frogs as well =)
 
I've always loved dart frogs and have never known anyone who kept them (outside of zoos). I think images 6 & 7 are the best from a compositional standpoint. The frogs are gorgeous.
 
If I'm not mistaken, they're called 'dart frogs' because they are used by natives to make poison darts for their blowguns!
 
Amazing color, really nice shots. Are they poisonous, can you touch them?
 
there poison comes from a ant that they eat in the wild without feeding them that they don't produce the poison.

frogs can absorb the oils from are hands so its not healthy for the frogs if you hold them but most captive dart frogs wouldn't harm you if you touched them

I like your german blue rams! i use to breed them. now i'm really into salt water reefs. i'm also a bio major!
 
These shots are great. I think the composition of 6, D. pumilio 'variants', is outstanding.
 
Beautiful frogs! and well photographed. I've always kept some kind of reptile/amphibian and I know how hard it can be to photograph them, you've done a great job here! I like the variety of backgrounds you've used, they all look very natural, which adds to their appeal. I'd love to have a great big vivarium full of these guys.. I just wish they wern't so darn expensive!!

I'd love to see more if you have them!

JC
 
we just got some of these at the pet specialty store i work at, there like a couple hundred bucks apiece?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom