Dating Profile Photo Business

elfonamouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not a photographer. But I am starting a business which would provide lots of referrals to photographers for people wanting to upgrade their dating profile pictures. I'm looking for input and advice from photographers here as to how viable this idea might be.
Have any of you tried to market to this niche?
What were your results?
How much would your charge for taking profile photos for a dating site?
How long should the session be?
How valuable would an actual customer of this type (actual sale) be to you?

Not viable at all. And I say this as one who uses dating websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a photographer. But I am starting a business which would provide lots of referrals to photographers for people wanting to upgrade their dating profile pictures. I'm looking for input and advice from photographers here as to how viable this idea might be.
Have any of you tried to market to this niche?
What were your results?
How much would your charge for taking profile photos for a dating site?
How long should the session be?
How valuable would an actual customer of this type (actual sale) be to you?
Those photographers will be competing with a few million phone cameras. As a potential photographer, I think it would not be easy to scrape off a few dollars from that crowd.

As your own business develops, you will soon know how viable the photography end of it is. Either the photographers will be lining up, or they won't.

That's a very small niche. So even if everybody paid a few hundred dollars for a photograph, there still would not be much money there.

Any professional photographer who is trying to make a living at it will be charging at least $200 - $300 for a half-hour session, and minimal editing.

This level of engagement would not likely become anyone's bread & butter, as long as there are weddings to shoot.

This level of engagement would not likely become anyone's bread & butter, as long as there are weddings to shoot.

I don't know, have you seen the tabloid shots of Angelina Jolie without makeup???? Cosmetic companies make billions catering to the vanity of women. Maybe do the whole package, hair, makeup and photograph.

Most reactions

Back