Dave

Stillwater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to reduce my dependency on using so many strobes.
These are both only 2 strobe setups. C&C please!

Strobist:
Vivitar 285hv shot through 18" softbox @Full power camera front boomed at 35º 6' from model.
Vivitar 285hv shot through 36" umbrella camera right @Full power for fill 8' from model.
Modded cactus v2s.

Strobist:
Vivitar 285hv shot through 36" umbrella @1/4th power camera front 5' from model for fill.
Vivitar 285hv shot through 18" softbox @Full power camera right 18" from model.
Modified Cactus V2s

Man no comments? Well I like the processing as I've been fond of the emerald filter lately as well. If you're trying to reduce dependency on strobes I think shooting in daylight you can definetly get away with one strobe. Even in the high peak sun of summer I've tried it and one flash like the 580 EXII will do the job.

#1 Like I said I like the processing but the umbrella really throws me off. His gazing look is really interesting though.

#2 I think one strobe or flash would've made a better dramtic look as the shadows would've matched his dramatic expression. Lost alot of detail as your light source either seems too direct or you have cancelled the details out with two light sources.

i really love everythng about the first shot - the lighting, his pose, the processing. i disagree with camz, i think the even lighting works. what did you do for processing?

i think in the second photo the shadow of his nose really, really bothers me. if the light was raised a tiny bit t would have been better, i think. i like his disheveled hair, his eyes, and the texture in his skin

Most reactions

Back