Dawn at the wastewater treatment plant

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I drove by my favorite water-bird site on the way to work this morning. This guy kept stomping around chasing off the other herons and egrets.

All at 1/1000 sec f/6.3 ISO 3200 Handheld
Canon 7D Canon EF400mm f/5.6L

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4814a.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

And here are a couple of other winged friends from this morning:

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, that top sequence is pretty amusing. Do great blues do the funky-chicken?

Don't know what a "funky chicken" is, but if it equals a mating dance, then I'd agree that this is what it looks like to me. I once observed a white stork (in a bird park!) doing this kind of dance on the other side of the (artificial) park lake.

That fish no longer looks overly appetizing to me, but the heron seems delighted! :D

Don't know what a "funky chicken" is, but if it equals a mating dance, then I'd agree that this is what it looks like to me. I once observed a white stork (in a bird park!) doing this kind of dance on the other side of the (artificial) park lake.

That fish no longer looks overly appetizing to me, but the heron seems delighted! :D

Well, then you need this!

Do the Funky Chicken

I agree about that fish. I'm actually a bit confused by that image. That fish looks long-dead and I didn't see the actual catch. I've never seen a Great Blue Heron eating carrion, but that may be what's happening here.

Most reactions

Back