Day at the track! (3 pics)

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you guys think? These were my 3 favourite.

46_MG_214920071005.jpg

46_MG_216020071005.jpg

46_MG_224820071005.jpg

For those of you wondering, the last picture shows a car purging its nitrous system. "Nitrous purge". This means that it clears the lines between the bottle and the injectors so that when they hit the button there is no delay as the nitrous has to come from the bottle all the way to the nitrous injectors. It's lit up because it's being shot into the headlights.

All C&C welcome!

No racing fans out there? Come on guys..I thought these would get some pretty good feedback.

I'm a race fan and here's my thoughts. The first one is a pretty cool shot. I like the second one, but a little closer zoom would have been better. 2 looks like a sick car, it would have been nicer to have more of it in the frame. 3 is not doing it for me. Nitrous purge is cool and all, but with the picture from so far away, it really took you pointing it out to even notice it.

I am not so much of a racing fan, but I do love Corvettes more than just about anything. :heart:

A classic Vette will always get my heart racing.

They are a little dark however.

They're dark cause it's night time... I wasn't trying to make it look properly exposed to look like day-time...
Just letting you know.

I was trying to capture what I saw at the time, and I think I did pretty well with that...
Even with not trying to expose to daylight brightness...I was very challenged to even get them this bright. ISO 1600, F4.0, and shutter speeds from 1/100 to 1/200... plus the cars going really freakin fast...lots of throw aways, I'll put it that way.

want some more feedback...
any suggestions on what I could have done to work in a faster shutter speed? It was really dark, but would being closer to the track helped since it's probably brighter, and the light wouldn't diffuse as much? I dono..just me rambling...

Any advice would help, cause I love race photography.

If you're shooting from the stands there really isn't much else you can do. Getting closer to the action would help but might require a press pass.

Sorry, I don't have any adivce for you. (I'm somewhat of a beginner still)
I really like number one though! The last two are cool, but it probably would have been better if you got in closer to the cars IMO.

that greeen beast in the last shot is awesome !

looks like its snarling fire like a dragon about to kill.

they should put a tail and wings on it and paint it red.

that greeen beast in the last shot is awesome !

looks like its snarling fire like a dragon about to kill.

they should put a tail and wings on it and paint it red.

I agree about the dragon thing. I was thinking like a cartoon bull. But basically I think it was supposed to imply some type of animal (beast) breathing. Thanks.

On the other two shots, I have a bit of zoom left...I think the 3rd one is like 91mm or something...but I was trying to catch cars in wheelies. I got a few, but they were too blurry. I could have got closer to the "green beast"...but I didn't think of it at the time...I was too rapt by cars getting 4' of front ground clearance.

Most reactions

Back