Day Jobs

Since the kick of my career, I have been working on charter jets. Mainly and very experienced on medium jet Hawker and Citation series.
Just recently, I took a turn in the road and no longer work line maintenance. I got hire as an Inspector in a 145 RS working with GE CFM56 engine family.

I know........some people say i'm crazy for taking the job at a 145 but now I'm in the AC with better pay ;).

I'm a Loan Service Representative at a bank. I don't know why my position is called that. I scan and file documents, answer phones sometimes and take and bring out the mail.

Well, I'll try to explain in the simplest way possible.

Most chronic disease states are the result of genetic malfunctions. By "genetic" I mean dealing with genes, not strictly "inherited" (the two aren't synonyms). They occur because a particular gene (or sometimes a set of genes) is not working properly. The gene could be damaged, for example. Or the disease could be what's called epigenetic, which basically means that genes are turned on or off when they're not supposed to be. This results in all kinds of things going wrong...cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, cancer, muscular dystrophy, the list goes on and on and on.

So ideally what we'd like to be able to do is to replace broken genes with normal ones. Or if a gene is turned off when it's supposed to be turned on, or vice versa, we'd like to fix that.

But in order to do this, we have to answer two fundamental questions:
1) How do you get the normal copies of the genes into the cells?
2) How do you make sure they're getting into the right cells?

So what we do where I work is build viruses that go around infecting cells with normal copies of genes.

We're in pre-clinical and clinical trials for cures for a number of diseases right now.

Very cool stuff. Science rules.

I'm an electrical engineer for Pitney Bowes. We do mail room automation. Basically our machines take large rolls of paper and cut them into letter size, fold the sheets, add inserts/ads stuffs it all into an envelope, places postage on it, separates it by zip code, and trays it to go out the door. All of this at 22,000 an hour.

I'm an electrical engineer for Pitney Bowes. We do mail room automation. Basically our machines take large rolls of paper and cut them into letter size, fold the sheets, add inserts/ads stuffs it all into an envelope, places postage on it, separates it by zip code, and trays it to go out the door. All of this at 22,000 an hour.

Ah... your behind all my junk mail... lol.

Pretty cool, I had to ask, 'cause it sounded something like my little brother said he was doing when I walked into the bathroom and caught him masterbating- He was vectoring genes all over the place.

Priceless....talk about leverage. How many times have you threatened to tell people about it if he didnt do something for you??

Pretty cool, I had to ask, 'cause it sounded something like my little brother said he was doing when I walked into the bathroom and caught him masterbating- He was vectoring genes all over the place.

So when you said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha
... I build viral vectors for gene therapy.

I just thought it was something you did before you took a nap.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I was a construction inspector for 20 years, but have recently taken a position as a quality control manager for a concrete company.

Last edited:
part-time student (hells yea!!!!!!)
part-time environmental scientist (boo)

Thank you- I was hoping some day my genius would be recognized.

Priceless....talk about leverage. How many times have you threatened to tell people about it if he didnt do something for you??

Well, I ruined the opportunity. I told Mom right away. She said she didn't mind if he was injecting/ejecting or obtaining samples of virulent cells by the quart- As long as he wiped up the sink, mirror and floor and used a squidge of air fresher (pine or lemon preferred) after his episode, she really didn't care how he abused his DNA. After that day, I decided it was probably best to wander off and attempt to bury my memory of observing that particular moment in my brother's awkward and clumsy adolescence.

Last edited:
I am currently working through a temp agency for JM Eagle. We make the PVC water and sewer pipe they bury underground. I am a quality auditor there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back