Photos OK to edit
[Day 1]​

Kylie

20151104-kylie.jpg

Last edited:
Good start and fairly good technicals.

Dog is slightly over-exposed I think.
The DOF is shallow from shooting at 2.8 that his 'face' is OOF
You are shooting at len' worst aperture and a 1/2000.
You could easily shoot at 5.6, where lens is better and DOF greater, and drop the shutter speed.

upload_2015-11-13_13-56-47.png

The vertical is off and that is easily corrected.

dog2222.jpg

The stream is off-level (the trees are at a slant) and the water flow is blown out (no detail) in the center)
upload_2015-11-13_13-59-58.png

Keep on, good for a start.

Good start and fairly good technicals.

Dog is slightly over-exposed I think.
The DOF is shallow from shooting at 2.8 that his 'face' is OOF
You are shooting at len' worst aperture and a 1/2000.
You could easily shoot at 5.6, where lens is better and DOF greater, and drop the shutter speed.

View attachment 111404

The vertical is off and that is easily corrected.

View attachment 111405

The stream is off-level (the trees are at a slant) and the water flow is blown out (no detail) in the center)
View attachment 111406

Keep on, good for a start.

Very interesting, i'm glad you commented. I wasn't to sure about the dog and now I see why. With the river, I taught I had a good shot but the détails you've mentioned do stand out. I didn't have a tripod so my camera was on a rock which can explain the awkward framing. I keep everything in mind for my next posting. Thank you !

very, very nice.
inventive, well seen
rotated a bit and with a bit of motion blur from hand-held at too slow shutter speed or tripod vibration (look at the sign).
(please stop naming pictures as 'image'; I have about 15 'image's in my download folder and can't go back to a specific one.)

imagesnow.jpg

Yes, definitely watch those "images" that happen to be .09 degree off from perfectly level, since some people are overcome by a simply irresistible compulsion to rotate them so they are "perfectly level".

Oh, Derrel, you are so predictable.
I am aware when things are off vertical and off horizontal - even by a bit - in this case about 7/10 of a degree.
Just because you are unaware of these kinds of distractions, does not mean they don't exist to those with a more discerning eye than you.

I'm coping my images from my wordpress blog so im not really sure if it's possible for my to re-name them to something else then what wordpress names then after their uploaded.

Yes, definitely watch those "images" that happen to be .09 degree off from perfectly level, since some people are overcome by a simply irresistible compulsion to rotate them so they are "perfectly level".

Is that it? I thought they just had to find something wrong and make a comment to make themselves sound more intelligent

And request OP change the name of her images for their convenience.

I'm coping my images from my wordpress blog so im not really sure if it's possible for my to re-name them to something else then what wordpress names then after their uploaded.

Not a problem, I'll rename them on the download.

Let's lighten up a bit here folks, okay? The OP has asked for comments and Lew has provided some good guidance on how he sees the images could be improved. If you have other suggestions, post them, but castigating someone for their opinion/suggestions isn't on.

Most reactions

Back