Day to Night

NikonLady52

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
usera.imagecave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a photo I took in our Capitol City early one morning. I really like the series of shots and decided to try some creative work with one of them.
Original:
WaterplaceChannel4.jpg

The change I made, I really like but, can't figure how to get the lights reflected on the water. Any ideas?
ProvidenceArtwork.jpg

For the conversion here is the basic work flow. Play with the Adjustments to suit.
Filter-Artistic-Neon Glow-Adjust Glow size, Glow colour and Glow Brightness.
Choose filter again-Render- Lighting Effect- Style : Triple Spotlight-Light Type:Spotlight - Accept-Add your signature-Flatten image .
I also selected the perspective tool and straightened the leaning building-Due to distortion from camera position.

I'm thinking "War of the Wolrds" scenerio. With the angle of the spotlights from above, I'm not sure that the water needs any additional work. However, the buildings that are lighted should be slightly more overexposed. Just IMO.

Cool work BTW.

Very nice. I'm not sure what you have in mind artistically but when dealing with light and reflections using your brushes in "overlay mode" works well. Use a shade of white and adjust the opacity as needed. I edited the middle light to give an example.

ProvidenceArtwork_.jpg

Kunda,Thank you for your suggestions. That is another option I will look at

DF that was exactly what I was looking for Just enough and not too much..Thank you so much

Most reactions

Back