Day Tripping (24 Images)

Great set, looks like you had a fun trip. #3 is my favorite of the bunch, but #1 is amazing as well.

Seeing as i have just recently gotten into loose leaf tea, i love the shots of the tea fields. Your making me thirsty :drool:

Thanks man. It was pretty fun I guess. Pretty typical really. I do something like this once or twice a month. Tea fields look do kewl when driving by them The parallax effect as you drive past is mesmerizing. :D

Anyway, thanks for the compliment! Very appreciated!

that river is the reason why i wanna go to japan
should have toke pics of the gf in the bamboo forest

Looks like a very enjoyable road trip, with good food and a nice bath in an onsen for the two of you!

Many photos are very, very colour saturated. I wonder why this is so?
My favourite three of the bunch are "Splash" (I think that one's No 7?), then it could be 10 with the "fish on sticks", if it weren't for the background, and it definitely is 21! Take a guess at the "why" of my liking 21 so much ;) ...

that river is the reason why i wanna go to japan
should have toke pics of the gf in the bamboo forest

Thanks man. The GF hates her pic being taken though so I stopped trying. I dunno why, she's pretty cute. Oh well. And you're right the Japanese back country is just breath taking.

The old man upstairs did a great job! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Looks like a very enjoyable road trip, with good food and a nice bath in an onsen for the two of you!

Many photos are very, very colour saturated. I wonder why this is so?

On 3, 4, 16, and 22 I tried a single exposure technique I call exposure smoothing. ;) I haven't perfected it yet and sometimes it comes out looking over saturated. I got it pretty good on #22. I'm working on it! :sexywink:

My favourite three of the bunch are "Splash" (I think that one's No 7?), then it could be 10 with the "fish on sticks", if it weren't for the background, and it definitely is 21! Take a guess at the "why" of my liking 21 so much ;) ...

The hunk of Japanese manly man? :D He was as polite and hospitable as he was good looking. ;)

Thanks for the comments all. Very appreciated!

I like them, especially the first!

The landscapes look strange the way you processed them though (HDR?)... blue skies are brighter than the foreground usually... its not a horrible touch but I think you overdid it

Yeah, I may redo it. I'm thinking the same thing.

Appreciate the comments! Thanks! :thumbup:

I loved 1,3,4,5,16, and the sky in 18. 16 is surreal. I like all of them, really. Was #1 done in the field or studio? Does your technique involve combining different exposures from the same RAW file? What a beautiful place to live. :thumbsup:

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/_Text/TPFBS.txt

I loved 1,3,4,5,16, and the sky in 18. 16 is surreal. I like all of them, really.

Thanks man! :D

Was #1 done in the field or studio?

I picked it down by the river. It was so small I couldn't tell what it looked like - at all - just that it had a purpleish tip. So when I got back to the car with it I just pointed the 200 mm Macro at it and snapped it. If you could see into the blackness you would see my GF's feet, and maybe the gas-petal. ;)

Does your technique involve combining different exposures from the same RAW file? What a beautiful place to live. :thumbsup:

No, it's a single image with three Lab selections (top 33%, mid 33% bottom 33%) to layers , with a Shadows/Highlights tool run on each, then flatten. Just something I was trying out... nothing serious. :D

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/_Text/TPFBS.txt

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back