DC Folks - WWII Flyover opportunity in May

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a heads up to the DC folks.

Arsenal of Democracy Flyover WWII Victory Capitol Flyover

On Friday, May 8, 2015, join us to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE Day). The Arsenal of Democracy World War II Victory Capitol Flyover will include 15 historically sequenced warbird formations traveling across our nation’s capital—from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol. The Flyover will feature over 70 warbirds representing the major battles of World War II, from Pearl Harbor to D-Day, ending with a final Missing Man Formation to “Taps.” Never before has such a collection of WWII aircraft been assembled at one location—a fitting tribute to the men and women at home and abroad responsible for this Victory in 1945. The Flyover is set to start at 12:10 p.m. and last approximately 40 minutes.

Just a heads up to the DC folks. Arsenal of Democracy Flyover WWII Victory Capitol Flyover
On Friday, May 8, 2015, join us to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE Day). The Arsenal of Democracy World War II Victory Capitol Flyover will include 15 historically sequenced warbird formations traveling across our nation’s capital—from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol. The Flyover will feature over 70 warbirds representing the major battles of World War II, from Pearl Harbor to D-Day, ending with a final Missing Man Formation to “Taps.” Never before has such a collection of WWII aircraft been assembled at one location—a fitting tribute to the men and women at home and abroad responsible for this Victory in 1945. The Flyover is set to start at 12:10 p.m. and last approximately 40 minutes.

I'm going to try to make arrangements to get up on our roof here in Rosslyn.

this is the view from our roof (at 70mm)

DSC_9826.JPG

they usually fly over 66, so you won't get the best shots from the cemetary. the key bridge on the other hand...

one week. Got my roof access and my 150-600; I'm ready.

AODflyover_flight_route_map-4.20.jpg

this is the view from our roof (at 70mm)

DSC_9826.JPG

I may have to visit if I can time it correctly ...

Then you can be in awe at my camera and lens !!

oh wait, you have the same camera and lens ...

I will show up in my ultralight ;).

I can't wait to see pictures! :smile:

soon.

I'll heading up to the roof in 30min.

I have my wifi adapter, so ill be able to upload a few afterwards.

Most reactions

Back