What's new

Dead End

spang1mw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
165
Reaction score
45
Location
Northern Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure how I feel about these shots. Your thoughts and advice are appreciated. :)

1. $_DSC7518 -1123.webp

2. $_DSC7550 -11.webp
 
1. I'm guessing the idea here is the "dead end" sign relating to what appears to be an abandoned house, but the house is too hard to see for this to work. Getting closer and just showing the house probably would have been better, imo.

2. This works pretty well. The flat sky isn't the best background - those dark trees might have been better, although there may not have been a higher spot available. I might darken the sky and/or lighten the poles and/or crop the top a little, and also crop just a bit on the left so there isn't a partial pole there - just my two cents ...
 
i too feel the "Dead End" board should have received more prominence i feel
The second image is interesting :D
 
Thanks for the advice I will begin working on both of them! For the dead end photo the house did show up a lot better in the color version. I agree I will have to mess with the dodging/burning tool on photo #2 to get it to stand out more.

Here's #1 in color $_DSC7518 -15.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom